Sunday, March 2, 2008

Big Update

well it has been a few days and lots has changed. we finally got out of taipei and arrived in kaohsiung on thursday. it's a pretty sweet place, very chill, palm trees, friendly people...etc...the air quality sucks but otherwise it is better than Taipei IMHO.

we have been going non stop since arriving. i met up with my old friend emily, who has been teaching for HESS for 3 and a half years. We have been observing classes for the last couple of days, and I am anxious to just teach. Also found a place to live in, a huge apartment that i will be sharing with an Australian fellow. I have my own private bathroom and balcony. It is pretty sweet :) I will spending a good chunk of today unpacking and making the space mine. we get internet on tuesday so i may not be really available before then.

i am quite liking things here...lots of odditys...scooters everywhere (i am getting my own soon), awesome dumpling food stands, busy night markets, and even a mountain called monkey mountain!!! Lots more to describe but it slips my mind right now.

The music scene seems to be lacking but i just got a dj gig in april which made me quite happy. i need to discuss the intricacies of techno so people please talk to me!!!

ok all the best to my friends. pictures to be posted soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you found an apartment and great friends. Do they sell Tsingtao beer?(from mainland China)Regards from family, moses